1st and 3rd

I can't believe today marks the first day of 1st grade for Kaden and 3rd grade for K.C.! Where is the time going?



I was thinking about Kaden getting ready for first grade last night and his sweet, chubby two-year old cheeks from when I first met him kept popping into my head. I remember the day we got him ready for 3K like it was yesterday, and today, he's in first grade. He'll have tests, literature to read, and real homework each night.

And K.C. will be in third grade! I keep telling him that third grade was such a big year for me and still stands out to me more than my other elementary years. It was the year I moved to a new school, had to write only in cursive, and my sister was born. I think he is going to have a great year.

Last week, we were able to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. They both have new-to-our school teachers, but they both seem so sweet! I'm already signed up as room mom and have talked to K.C.'s teacher quite a bit.

The beginning of the school year always brings some nervous anticipation for me, but I know our boys will do well. They love to learn, love their school, and have new things to look forward to.

I've been praying all summer that they would have great teachers and I feel like God has answered that prayer. For this year, it's my prayer that they do their best, grow as leaders, and gain confidence in all they do.

I'm praying Jeremiah 29:11 for them this school year:

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

I don't know why, but today has been rougher for me than I thought it would be (just keeping it real). I can't believe that K.C. only has one more year in elementary school and Kaden is already in first grade. They're prepared for this year, but this year, it's harder letting go!