No Repeat November



Last week, I attended a conference for work, and while it really inspired me for my job (and gave me lots of valuable information), it also inspired me for my life.

If you're like me, your days sometimes feel like they're on repeat. If you're like me, you have tons of things you want to accomplish, but you let the every day mundane things get in the way (or serve as an excuse). If you're like me, sometimes you feel like you get in a rut - and for me, that rut is in cooking the same meals and wearing the same clothes.

I recently started reading "the life-changing magic of tidying up" (don't worry, this post isn't intended to stress you out about the copious amounts of stuff you have)  and that plus the conference I attended made me start thinking and ultimately, led me to give myself a self-imposed "No Repeat November."

During the month of November, I am not going to repeat an outfit or a full meal that I cook (dinner). I'm embarrassed to show you my closet (I just may during my challenge) because it's overflowing with clothes, many of them hanging nicely on wooden hangers waiting to be worn. I'm also embarrassed to show you my collection of cookbooks and Pinterest recipes because as much as I enjoy pinning recipes, it's rare that I try something new.

Who's with me in this quest to do not repeat outfits or food in November? I plan to check in with weekly updates on the blog as well as Instagram (thethingsimlearning). Now excuse me while I try to find something to cook tonight!


Labels: