Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Welcome, March!



I can't believe it's already March! This year is flying. I'm thankful that spring is just around the corner.

March is a fun month and we have many things to look forward to.
  • Kevin's birthday is next week. I'm looking forward to celebrating him!
  • The boys' spring soccer season is in full swing. I love watching them play. They had a game last night and both played great. K.C. even scored a goal!
  • We have a party to go to at the beach for Kevin's cousin who recently got married.
  • My cousin is getting married, which should be a fun wedding.
  • Easter!

Before I move on to my March goals, here's how I did with my February goals.

1| Read two books. This, unfortunately, didn't happen. It sounds odd to say, but most of my reading is done at lunch and this past month, I didn't take many real lunch breaks because we had a lot going on. I did start Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand a few days ago and love it. I'm almost done with it.

2 | Get back to my regular exercise. I did this and it feels so good! I'm back to running 3-4 days per week which feels great. I feel much stronger and normal. 

3 | Clean out my kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, and workout room/office upstairs. I'm going to go ahead and say this was a success, though I didn't finish it all (office). It really is a big undertaking to clean out everything. 

4| Decorate my office.  I'm not quite finished with it, but this was a success. I picked up a new piece of art for the wall, moved around a few things, and organized a good bit. There are a few minor things I want to add/do, so I plan to do them as I have time.

5| Try at least one new recipe each week.  I did pretty good with this. I've been cooking more lately and I really enjoy it!

6| Get a massage. We did this. It was great!

7| Make our Disney album. I didn't even start this.



My goals for March are:

1 | Read two books.

2| Finish reading through the Bible. This has been a goal of mine for a while and it's also on my 30 Before 30 List (I'll be 30 next month! Eek!)

3| Organize the upstairs office/desk. 

4| Get started on the boys' bathroom. Pick a paint color for their bedroom.

5| Plan Kaden's birthday.

6| Make our Disney album and get caught up on the boys' albums.

4 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

I know you can get these goals tackled in March!!!! :) I'm so glad the running is helping to make you feel more normal again, isn't it awesome how exercise can do that for us? Love it! So proud of KC scoring that goal!!!! :)

Emily Ballard said...

Love your goals!!!
I like the idea of coloring them.
I just did a blog today on how I never actually complete all of them..but maybe i'd do better if I reviewed them a month later!!

Reading through the bible in the year would be awesome!
You can do it!!!

Callie said...

Wow, you are really on top of albums! I need to make photo albums one of my goals - I am like three years behind. Yikes! Also, you should come link up your goals with me - I just started co-hosting a goals linkup! :-)

جیمز روزانه said...

You don't overcome challenges by making them smaller but by making yourself bigger.
_________________________
If you like playing games,you would like it:
CSGO Skins and Cheap CSGO Skins