SEVEN

My sweet Kaden,

I can't believe you are SEVEN years old today! I know I say this every year, but the time is flying. It seems like just yesterday you were learning how to spell your name, ride a tricycle, and hit a baseball from a tee.  Today, you're reading chapter books alone, riding your bike, and hitting baseballs across the road. One thing hasn't changed and that's how precious you are.

You captured my heart nearly five years ago as a sweet little two-year old bouncing around full of life. You still hold my heart today.

When I think about you, the words compassionate, loving, and determined come to mind. You are a compassionate child. You show love for us, your friends, and those we come into contact with. You like to make things better and make sure everyone feels good.

You are such a loving boy, too. I hope you'll always be open with your love. You give us the best hugs, kisses, and snuggles, and tell us many times each day how much you love us. I love it when you run up and give me a hug when I'm not expecting it. Each night, when we tuck you in bed, the last things you always say to us are "I love you! Sweet dreams and happy thoughts. You're the best mommy and daddy in the world." I'll not ever tire of hearing you express your love.

You're also quite determined. You try your best at everything you do. You like to learn things fast and well. When you and Daddy work on your spelling words for the first time each week, you always get frustrated when you can't spell a word immediately. You take great pride in all you do, and that's a trait I always hope you possess.

You have had an awesome year being six. You played two seasons of soccer and a season of baseball. You are great at both, but soccer is your favorite. You love to play goalie!

This year, we visited two new places - Sapelo Island, Georgia and Disney World. You loved Sapelo. While we were there, we saw many wild animals and you even caught a shark. A few months ago, in January, we spent a week at Disney World and had a blast.

We also spent a few weeks at the beach with BeBe and Hot Rod, and MiMi and Granddaddy. You had a blast boogie boarding by yourself this summer. You are such a brave boy!

This fall, we went up to Clemson to visit Stephanie and watched a football game. You had so much fun running on the field after the game and meeting so many players. You really enjoyed watching football games on TV, too. You're definitely a Tiger!

You are in first grade and love school. You especially love your teacher, Miss Thompson. You are very popular. Every time I visit your class or go to eat lunch with you, you are always surrounded by your classmates. It's clear that they love you and you love them, too. I hope you'll always surround yourself with positive people and build up those around you.

I'm so proud of the boy you are becoming. You are confident, smart, and full of life.

You and your brother have so much fun together and I pray you always will. You love to play outside, ride your scooter, bike, and skateboard. You also love the Wii and XBox One. This year, you've really been into Minecraft and Pokemon and you've recently started loving Star Wars.

You have the sweetest heart of anyone I know. You love Jesus and that is evident in your actions and words. That - loving Jesus - my sweet boy is the most important thing in life. It is my daily prayer that you will always put God first and ask Him to lead and guide you. If there's only one piece of wisdom I ever give you, it's to honor God with your life because only then will you really live.

Having you as my son is a dream come true. I'm so thankful God choose to bless you, K.C., Daddy, and me with each other almost five years ago. I can't imagine my life without my three boys. You all complete me.

As we get ready to celebrate your seventh birthday later today, I can't help but sit back and think about how you've grown over the years. I feel like it was just yesterday that we stopped giving you bottles at night, changed your diapers, and had to help you do most everything. Today, you are a big boy who is growing stronger and brighter with each day, You don't need our help the way you once did, and while it makes my tender heart ache and my eyes fill with tears, I am so thankful for you and the way you're growing. You, my sweet boy, make every day brighter, every bit of happiness happier, and every bit of joy more joyful. I love you more than you can ever imagine. Happy Birthday, my sweet, precious baby boy. I love you!

Love always,

Your Annabelle

Labels: