Transform Your Ugly Contractor Mirrors

Please tell me I'm not the only person who hates those lovely contractor mirrors that are always hung when you build a house. While I can't figure out why they don't do something about them, I can tell you what I decided to do about them: frame them!

After looking at these lovely mirrors for a few years, I decided that something had to be done. I searched online and found several different tutorials on how to beautify these mirrors and decided to give it a try. 



It turned out to be a really simple project and one I could complete almost entirely alone.The first step in the project was to measure the mirrors. We are so lucky to have two huge contractor mirrors, so I took measurements of both. The next step was to pick our molding. For the master bath, I wanted something a little dressier, so I choose a molding with a pretty pattern on it. For another bathroom, I wanted something simpler. When I went to get the molding, I also picked up some spray paint. All of our faucets are nickle, so I wanted the mirrors to match. 

The most critical part of the project was cutting the molding correctly. Many times, your local Lowes or Home Depot will cut it for you, but I opted to have my FIL cut ours. 





Once it was cut, I sprayed three coats of paint on the molding and let it dry. 





After the molding was thoroughly dry, Kevin hung it up. He used a strong mirror adhesive and then we used painter's tape to secure it while the glue dried. I left the tape up for about three days.


I'm so happy with the result. It transformed our mirrors and in the process, transformed our bathrooms.



If you feel the same way I do about contractor mirrors and haven't known what to do about them, I promise you that this is a quick and easy fix. I couldn't be happier!

Labels: , ,