MAY GOALS

I feel like I blinked and it was May! I also feel like I'm on repeat because I keep saying that same thing each month, but really, this year is flying! I'm ok  with the month of May flying because I'm really looking forward to June when we have two vacations scheduled. June, though, can take it's time!

In April, I didn't make any official goals on my blog, but I had a few things I wanted to accomplish and did. Most of these centered around organization. Here they are:

I'm hoping May will be good to me in the goals department as I have a few lofty goals. 

1. Paint the boys' bedroom and upstairs bathroom (and maybe the office). I have been talking about this for years, but I haven't done it. Right now, there are several paint samples stuck on the wall and I think (fingers crossed) I've narrowed it down to a color or two for their bedroom. Their room is Clemson-themed, and as much as sweet Kaden wants to paint at least one wall purple, I don't think I can do it. I want to go with a pale gray. My long-range plan is to have the common areas in our home painted that same color or a shade lighter.

2. Read four books. There are four books I'm planning to read this month. Mary Alice Monroe is one of my favorite writers. I just started Skyward and her newest novel, A Lowcountry Wedding is on it's way to my house. I also downloaded I Will Carry You by Angie Smith and plan to read it. I've read Mended and did her Seamless Bible study. I really enjoy her writing. I'm hoping this book will continue to strengthen me as I navigate the murky water that is miscarriage and fertility issues. I've been tempted to pick up Me Before You so many times, but haven't. After seeing the preview for the movie while I was running on the treadmill yesterday, I added it to my reading list because you know books are always better than movies. 



Skyward - Mary Alice Monroe
I Will Carry You - Angie Smith
A Lowcountry Wedding - Mary Alice Monroe
Me Before You - Jojo Moyes

3. Finish our Disney photo book. I started on this photo book not too long after our trip, but haven't finished it.

4. Try one new recipe each week. I really enjoy cooking, but lately, our nights have been filled with lots of fun which leads to lots of eating out. Trust me, I don't hate it because trying to decide what to cook is one of my least favorite tasks, but I feel so much better when I cook for my family.

5. Slow down. Summer is coming and I want to relax and soak it in. It's no secret that I find it hard to relax and am really great with filling up every spare minute, but I'm determined not to do that in May. I want to fill my days with things I enjoy, not things I'm doing because I have to or have committed to too much.

6. Continue journaling what I'm reading in the Bible. I'm reading through Romans now and am enjoying writing down my thoughts and questions. I'm also putting to use some of the commentaries I have from my granddad's study.

7. Write more. I write a lot, but oftentimes, it's things I have to write. I'd like to get my creative juices going and write for fun. My goal is to blog three times a week and also write for pleasure.

What are your goals for May?

Labels: