Life Lately | 9.29.16

In the midst of a hectic week, sometimes you need just a quick Life Lately post. Here's what we've been up to the last few weeks.

1 | Kaden has a broken arm. I think second grade must be the year of arm breaks for our family. Both boys have officially broken their arm in second grade. Kaden was definitely more excited about it than K.C. was a few years ago. He wanted to have his cast signed and is very proud of his "American" cast. Thankfully, it's not a bad break and he only has to wear his cast a few more weeks.



2 | Our sweet boy's nursery is coming right along! We've been really busy rearranging and donating things in preparation for the baby's arrival. I never knew how much stuff we had. It's crazy. I think the people at Goodwill know us by name. Cleaning out an attic and switching two rooms around are logical things to do when you're pregnant, right? Oh, and painting three bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, too. My husband is a saint.

  

I can't wait to share all the nursery details as it starts coming together!

3 | We're writing a book. As we were riding home from church Sunday, the boys started talking about how they thought it would be fun to write a book. When we got home, they insisted we start, so we sat down, opened the laptop, and started writing. I'm pretty excited about this!


4 | Saturdays are more fun when they include trips to the bookstore and Target. Last Saturday, the boys and I ran out to Barnes and Noble to pick up a few books and ended up with eleven. I think it's safe to say our boys have inherited my love of books and Starbucks. We also made a quick trip into Target where they wanted to look at all things baby. K.C. is determined to have a baby monitor in his room. I love popping out for a bit with my favorite little boys!

  


5 | In two short weeks, we will celebrate our fourth anniversary! I can't believe it's been four years already. It seems like just yesterday, and yet I can't remember my life before Kevin.





Labels: