My goals lately have consisted of making it through each day, keeping my family alive (you can thank my husband for that one), and growing this baby. Since I'm feeling better, I've begun to think about all the very many things that we really need to do before the baby comes. What better way to tackle them than through monthly goals.
- Clean out all bedroom closets and drawers upstairs. This is going to be a big job. Currently, our bedroom closets upstairs play host to everything from games and older toys to hunting gear and my wedding dress. The drawers are mainly packed with out-of-season clothes and those items that you (at least I) tend to hold on to thinking that one day, you may want them.
- Finish organizing the boys' older schoolwork and papers that we want to save. I'm about done with this task, thankfully! As a side note: how do you decide what to keep and what to throw away? I keep all their artwork as well as their projects, but how about all the weekly tests and papers?
- Journal what I'm reading in the Bible. I love to journal along with what I'm reading in my Bible daily, but I've gotten slack about it lately. I've not been up as early as normal to have my quiet time before work and find myself just reading my Bible instead of journaling along with it. I know it's an excuse, but it is what it is. I want to get back to writing what I'm learning and the things that are speaking to me.
- Continue Christmas shopping. I've already done some shopping, but I'd like to get more done this month. I don't want to be waiting until November and December to shop this year.
- Register for the baby! I'm excited about this. I have an idea of the things we'll want to register for, but I haven't narrowed it down to exact products. Kevin and I want to try to get this done in the next two weeks so we can register.
- Read three books. I haven't picked out the three I want to read, but I am enjoying reading more.
- Make a list of fall activities the boys want to do. We all love fall and enjoy checking things off of our list of things we'd like to do.
- Work on the boys 6 and 8 books. I'm more caught up than I ever thought I'd be, but I'd like to get year 6 for Kaden and year 8 for K.C. done. This will also help with Christmas!
There you have it - my goals for September!