Before I dive into my goals for October, here's a look back at how I did in September.
- Clean out all bedroom closets and drawers upstairs. We did pretty good on this. We haven't completely cleaned out all the bedroom closets upstairs, but we did clean out the drawers. The people at Goodwill know us by name.
- Finish organizing the boys' older schoolwork and papers that we want to save. I did this! This was a massive job, thus I've put it off for forever! I'm thankful to be done with this.
- Journal what I'm reading in the Bible. I didn't do a great job of this in September. I read my Bible, but I didn't journal it like I wanted to.
- Continue Christmas shopping. This is going well!
- Register for the baby! We did not register for the baby, but we'll get it done.
- Read three books.
In September, I read The Island and The Rumor, both by Elin Hilderbrand and The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I'm also working through The Big Book of Birth and The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems.
- Make a list of fall activities the boys want to do. We didn't make an official list, but we've already started doing things.
- Work on the boys 6 and 8 books. This didn't happen.
Time is flying by for me at this point in pregnancy. I told my husband a few days ago that I don't remember anything much from the past six months, but the past few weeks as I've started feeling better are zooming. That said, October is a time when we really need to get some things completed. As you can see from the list below, many of these are centered around getting ready for the baby. It's hard to believe there are only 14 weeks until my due date!
- Purchase furniture for the nursery. The nursery is painted, the rug is in and the bedding was just delivered. We need to get a crib, dresser and chair.
- Register for the baby. I have a few showers coming up in November, so we really need to register by the middle of the month before the invitations go out.
- Continue Christmas shopping. We're doing pretty good with this, but it's time to start focusing on the big items we'd like to get the boys. They keep showing us things, so I need to start clicking "Add to Cart" in Amazon. I love Amazon prime!
- Finish the guest room/office. This room is also painted, but we need to get it rearranged. I also want to get a new comforter for the bed.
- Paint the boys' bedroom and bathroom. Two of the four rooms we're painting are done and these two are left.
- Read three books. I'm really enjoying spending my lunch hour reading each day. It's nice! I have a few books on my list for this month.
- Journal what I'm reading in the Bible. I really want to get back to this!
- Work on the boys' books. If I want to order these in time for Christmas, I need to get started!
What are your goals for October?
Are there any must-haves on your baby registry list?