PREGNANCY | 25 Week Update


Week: 25

Weight Gain: I go back to the doctor next week, so I'll see, but I think I'm up about 18 pounds from where I officially started which means this time, I haven't gained 2 pounds each week! That's a win!

What's Happening: The baby is very active! I love feeling him move around. I've been able to discern his movement patterns, too, which is really cool! He's starting to open his eyes, weighs about 1.5 pounds, and is over a foot long!

Feeling: I feel like a person again! I've been feeling better every week for about 3 weeks. I'm excited about all that is to come!

Sleep: Sleep comes and goes. Some nights, I sleep great, but others, I toss and turn for hours.

Wearing: Maternity skinny pants (see my post on maternity wear), regular dresses, and tops that are a size larger or looser fitting.

Exercise: I'm not following an exercise plan per se, but I am being active every day. We're walking a few miles most days and I'm staying active throughout the day. We've also been cleaning out things and getting the nursery ready, which feels like exercise!

Eating: I still don't have definite cravings, but I have fewer aversions than I did have. I don't want chicken in any fashion. I've started eating more fruits and vegetables. I'm also to the point where I've been able to drink juice, something I haven't been able to do since June. Occasionally, I want something sweet, but not too often, which bodes will for the glucose test I have to take next week. I don't want hardly any junk food. While my tastes aren't back to normal, I'm glad to be eating salads, fruit, and healthier meals than the subs and bacon sandwiches I was consuming most days.

Missing: Running, Chickfila, soft cheeses, and my normal body. Pregnancy is a huge miracle - this is I know - but I forget that I can't do everything in my normal way.

Thoughts: K.C. has felt him kick hard before, but Kaden hasn't. A few nights ago, he felt him kick hard for the first time and his face was priceless! I love that the boys are so excited about their baby brother! We've ordered a crib and chair for the nursery and have it painted. At this point, pregnancy is flying by. I'm shocked at how the pace seems to have picked up since I've started feeling better.

My most favorite feeling in the world is feeling the baby kick. It's incredible to me that there is life growing inside of me. I love that he seems to respond to different outside stimuli. I am so thankful for this gift and can't wait to meet him in about 14 weeks!

Labels: