PREGNANCY | 28 Weeks



Week: 28 - Hello, Third Trimester!

Weight Gain: I'm officially up 21 pounds. I go back to the doctor on November 8, so we'll see where I am then. The baby is gaining close to half a pound a week at this point which means mama is too!

What's Happening: Our sweet boy is really active! He moves around in a pretty regular pattern. His kicks are getting harder and harder.

Feeling: I'm feeling much better than I have. Pregnancy, up to this point, has been rough for me, but it's all worth it. I also feel really heavy.

Sleep: I've been sleeping well this week. I've cut back on the use of my phone when I'm lying in bed at night and I've been more cognizant of winding down. I think both of those things have helped. I've also noticed that the tired feeling I had for the first trimester and a half seems to have returned.

Wearing: Maternity skinny pants (see my post on maternity wear), regular dresses, and tops that are a size larger or looser fitting. This part has been tricky. There are some mornings when I try on three or four things before I find something that fits.

Exercise: I'm not exercising the way I'd like to, but I am staying active. It's nice. In addition to my countdown for the baby, I have a mental countdown for when I can run again. I'm looking forward to that day.

Eating: Whatever works. I don't have strong cravings, but I have strong aversions. I'm incorporating a salad at least once a day and more and more fruit. I don't want junk food, but I do want bacon. I'm not sure if that's a fair trade.

Missing: I continue to miss running, Chickfila, soft cheeses, and my normal body. I also miss being able to pick up my boys. K.C. thinks that he'll be too heavy for me to lift when the baby is born.

Thoughts: This miracle continues to astound me each day. One of the greatest feelings is when my little boy kicks throughout the day - and night. It's almost as if he's communicating with us.

It's hard to believe that he'll be here in eleven short weeks. I'm so thankful every day for this miracle of life!

Labels: ,