Two Months.



Two months. 61 days until our sweet little baby boy is due.

Pregnancy -- these past eight months -- has been the most miraculous time in my life and also the most trying. Pregnancy, I've learned, is not for the faint of heart. I've experienced the highest of highs - those sweet kicks our baby boy does, seeing his smile on a 4D ultrasound, listening to our boys squeal with excitement as they prepare for their new brother - and some deep lows which are all centered around the all-day sickness I've experienced almost daily this entire pregnancy. I am not the normal do everything me and my body is not my own during this time, and I've had to accept that. I think I needed this sickness to slow down and let my body grow this baby. If we're ever blessed with a next time, I promise I'll slow down without sickness!

It is a surreal feeling to think that we'll meet our son in just two short months. I can't wait to see his smile, hold his squishy body, and see those little legs and arms that use me as a punching bag. I can't wait to see my husband become a father again and our boys become big brothers. I can't wait to smell that newborn goodness and hold him so tight.

Sweet little one, you are so loved already.

As we head into the home stretch of this pregnancy, there are so many things I don't want to forget:

-The way Kevin tells the baby goodbye in the morning.
-The way K.C. likes to feel him kick.
-The way Kaden talks to him and tells him that he's his big brother and he has a great family.
-The way K.C. was adamant that no matter what we named him, he was going to be calling him a certain name (which we've all agreed upon).
-The way Kevin and I talk about his arrival and what life will be like.
-The way Kaden asked if he just holds the baby over his crib and drops him since he can't reach the mattress.
-The way K.C. wants a baby monitor in his room so he can watch the baby all the time.
-The way it feels when I wake up in the night and feel him doing flips.
-The way it feels when we get to hear his heartbeat or see him on the screen.

It has been so much fun seeing the excitement the boys have over their baby brother. They are already such good big brothers. They will be great teachers and always great examples, I pray. Being a mother is the greatest gift in this world. I'm so thankful God has given me this gift of three boys to love, nurture, laugh with, and grow with.

As the days fly by, I know our lives are going to change. I want to soak up every minute that we have as a family of four as we prepare to welcome our newest family member. I can tell that I'm moving slower and with that comes the realization that his birth is near. I want to spend these next weeks preparing for our baby - praying for him and for us, finishing up everything that I'd like to do before he arrives, sneaking in some dates with my husband and some one-on-one time with my boys.

The anticipation and expectation of his arrival fills me with an inexpressible joy.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15


Labels: ,