Happy 8th Birthday, Kaden!

Since I'm a little behind on blogging about some big things (like birthdays and babies), bear with me as I catch up!



Dear Kaden,

I can't believe that you are 8 years old today! It seems like just yesterday you were a precious little chunky two-year old running around everywhere. Today, you're just as cute, sweet, and active, but you've lost your chunky baby look for sure!

You are a dream, sweet Kaden! Your heart for others makes me smile. You wake up as happy as a lark each day and fill our days with laughter.

You are curious, smart, and full of energy. Right now, you're really into riding bikes and writing books. When you grow up, you want to be a professional bike rider, but I'm not supposed to know that since you wrote it on a paper that said "do not open." I couldn't help myself!

Seven was a big year for you! You started second grade, lost a few teeth, broke your right arm, got baptized in December, and became a big brother in January. And what a great big brother you are! It fills my heart with joy and my eyes with tears to see how you interact with your baby brother. I can see the love and special bond the two of you share already and it's just the sweetest thing.

You are so smart! You love school and rarely make grades other than 100. Your schoolwork comes very easily to you at this point. Like your big brother, you really enjoy reading and science. You love to read The Magic Treehouse series, Goosebumps, and have even started Harry Potter.

Everyone that comes in contact with you loves you. You are the life of the party. You're the first to say "I love you" and the last to give another hug. When Daddy and I tuck you in each night, you tell us "sweet dreams and happy thoughts, you're the best mom and dad in the world!" Sometimes you even add that you'll see us for a great breakfast in the morning. You love breakfast. You really just love to eat. We may have that in common.

You love Jesus, too, and that's the greatest thing in this world. I love the questions you ask us about God and the Bible. I love that you think about things. It's my prayer everyday that you and your brothers will always follow the Lord and seek His will. I pray that you'll all be leaders and not followers and share God's light with all those you see.

You still love soccer, but have decided against baseball for this season. I love watching you play. You are our little dare devil. If it's extreme, you want to try it. You're really into skateboarding now!

Kaden, I am so proud of the young man you're becoming. Watching you grow up and thrive is one of the greatest joys I've ever experienced. You are so sweet and special, and I know God has so many great things in store for you. Just trust Him and let Him lead you. I pray you'll always keep your innocence, your zest for life, and love for others. Thank you for being you!

I love you more than words can say!

--------


We celebrated Kaden's birthday for about a week this year. Usually, we have a big party with all of his school friends, but this year, he decided he wanted to go to HiWire (an indoor trampoline place) instead, so we did that. We had a small party at home for our family complete with pizza, a Nerf cake, and pinata. After school one day, we went to HiWire and had some cousins and one of his best friends tag along. My in-laws also went, which was a great help with Caleb! We had cupcakes at school with his class. And finally, we had a cake my sister made when we went up to Clemson for a long weekend.

You can say he thoroughly celebrated his eighth birthday!

Labels: