February Goals and January in Review

I don't know about you, but January started out soooooo slow and then all of a sudden, February was here out of nowhere.

January was a fun month! We had quite a few things to celebrate in January.



We had some extra time off due to snow days. Snow days used to be rare, but lately, they feel like they're just a normal part of winter for us.



Sweet Caleb turned one on January 16th and we celebrated with a Little Blue Truck (more on that later this week)!




Kaden received the Terrific Kid Award at his school for "Respect."




We celebrated my sister's birthday with a good dinner out with family.




I got to attend a fun field trip with K.C.


Scattered among those things was the start of a new soccer season, reading three books (I'll have a review for you tomorrow), many miles run, new recipes (some winners and some losers), game nights, and beautiful weekends outside that make me yearn for Spring.

In January, I set a few goals and I'm happy to say I accomplished most of them!

- Exercise: Run 50 miles, do more strength training, Tone It Up videos. I'm not sure of my exact mileage (treadmill runs mean I don't always remember to log my miles), but I got in some good miles and some fast miles. I didn't do the extra strength training I wanted to do or more than one Tone It Up video, but I did purchase the TIU book. That counts for something, right?

- Home: organize the front room, closet under the stairs, and china cabinet drawer, cook more than eat out. I organized our front sitting room, china cabinet drawer, and cooked way more than we ate out. I didn't tackle the coat closet that seems to be the keeping place for pretty much everything I don't want to keep out on the cabinet when people drop by, but I did organize the rest of the master closet and most of the master bath. I'm counting this as a win. 

- Faith: Stay on task with the Bible in a Year App, complete Sunday School readings with Kevin, carve out a better way to do my quiet time. I'm still a little behind on my Bible in a Year App reading, but I'm not stressing about it. I'm really enjoying our new Sunday School material.

- Family: Have a fun family night, have a date night in and a date night out with Kevin. We didn't have any organized date nights in January (we really have to work on that), but we do have a fun date planned for next weekend. We managed to skip out some by ourselves this past weekend to pick up Valentine's treats for our boys, but I'm afraid I wasn't the best company after a really long day at work (I ended up sleeping in my clothes all night if that tells you how tired I was!).

---------

February is a short month, but I'm so excited about it because the Olympics are here!

If you need me, you can find me curled up in the den watching every bit of the competition that I can. I may be a little excited for Thursday night!

In February, I have a few goals I want to accomplish.
- Exercise: Continue building my speed and endurance. Run outside more. Start doing ab work again.

- Home: Organize the closet under the stairs, finish the bathroom cabinets, start on Caleb's closet. Donate items. File taxes.

- Faith: Continue with the Bible in a Year App, complete Sunday School readings, be more intentional with Bible study with our boys, memorize scripture.

- Family: Have a movie/game night and date night. Spend more time outside. Finish Caleb's baby book.

What are your goals for February?


Labels: ,