I'm Back!

You know how it goes.  You go on vacation, have a great time, and then come home.  We did have a great vacation two weeks ago and we had a great week last week, but with everything we had going on, my little blog was neglected.  In the spirit of updating you on everything we've been doing, this post might get long!

K.C. had to have some surgery last week.  While it was relatively minor, you can imagine how major it was to us!  He was such a big boy and we are so proud of how he did.  The most heart-wrenching thing I've ever experienced in my life was when they rolled him away sitting up on the stretcher with his little gown on, waving, and holding his Curious George!  We are so thankful God took such great care of him!

Kevin and I were talking this weekend about how tired we feel like we were.  I don't think I was physically tired, but all the stress really wore down both of us.

On Saturday, I did something I haven't ever done before.  I shot a handgun.  We took a class and it was fun!  I have to be honest with you.  I went into the day-long class thinking I was going to be bored.  Truthfully, I wasn't at all!  It was great!

We spent the morning learning about safety and all of the laws while the afternoon was full of shooting.  It was fun!  KT shot the x out of his target during his test and I didn't do too bad if I say so myself!  I haven't loaded the pictures on the computer yet, but here are some from our phones.



We also celebrated our anniversary Sunday!  We went out to dinner at Olive Garden Saturday night which is where we went on our first date.  It may sound crazy to say, but we were talking about what we wanted to do to celebrate and really, we both feel like everyday is special.  We have so much fun together all the time!  I am so thankful that God brought KT and I together!  I can't wait to see what this next year holds for us and our sweet family!

We had a great service and lunch at church yesterday!  The sermon was about the freedom we have in Christ, but before it, our preacher told something about a conversation he had about God with a five year old.  That really got me thinking.  K.C. will be five next week.  We talk with the boys about God, read Bible stories, say our prayers every night with them, and pray that they will have hearts open to Jesus and accept Him as their Savior and Lord,  but is there more we need to do? 

Speaking of faith, I finished Mary Lou Quinlin's book last week.  It was great!  It also urged me to spend more focused time in prayer than I do.

I want to start cooking again.  We have been on the go, on vacation, and busy so much lately that the kitchen hasn't been used.  I miss cooking for my family and eating things other than take out, fast food, or in a restaurant.  I've planned meals for the days we'll be home this week and I'm looking forward to cooking.

I also have to get back into my workout routine.  I try to run fifty miles a month and I was about five miles short of my target in June.  We did go on vacation, but I like doing everything I want to do.

We're looking forward to some celebrations over the next few weeks.  We have a big Fourth of July party at Kevin's sister's this Wednesday, we're celebrating his dad's birthday later this week, our sweet K.C. turns five next week, and the next week, Mia will be two!  We'll be in need of our next beach week when we finish with all of these parties!

Speaking of parties, we ordered supplies for K.C.'s dinosaur party yesterday.  I can't wait for them to get in and get started getting ready for his party!