A Pumpkin-Filled Weekend

We had a great weekend which was mostly filled with Pumpkin Fun!

My sister, Stephanie, is a senior in high school and was recognized before the last home football game of the regular season on Friday night.  After work, we loaded up the boys and went to see her get her award and watch the Bobcats play.

Saturday morning, I ran my first race since August.  When I woke up, the wind was howling and I just knew I was going to freeze.  I got ready for the race and walked out the door with two long-sleeve shirts and my ear band just in case.  When I got outside, I was pleasantly surprised at how great it felt.

It was in the mid-60's and overcast during the race which was about perfect.  I ended up finishing second overall and was the top female finisher with a time of 21:39.  I felt great during this run, but wish I had pushed it.  I wanted to finish below 21 minutes and PR, but I didn't start off as fast as I usually do and had to run over an Interstate overpass twice, so I'm blaming my extra 39 seconds on that.  I didn't know if Kevin and the boys were going to make it, but when I got close to the last traffic light we ran through, I saw them.  It always makes me feel so good when I see him and our sweet boys at the finish line! {You can check out previous race recaps here.}

The boys also got to participate in a Pumpkin Run to get candy, but I didn't get to see it as it was during my race.  They looked happy with their pumpkins full of candy though!

Madeline, our niece, and me after the race.  She finished 3rd in her age group!

We had a great time playing outside after the race Saturday and I ended up running another 2.15 miles with K.C. in the jogging stroller.  If you want a good work out, try running with a 40 pound five year old in a jogging stroller that weighs probably 20 pounds in the wind... after you've run a race! 

We spent the afternoon watching the South Carolina* game (ok, so I might have written some posts and looked at the proofs of my bridal session) and playing outside before we went new shoe shopping for the boys and to eat Mexican.  Poor Kaden was so tired and fell asleep in the car when we were on the way home at 7:00 PM (and didn't wake up until almost 7 Sunday morning!).  Kevin was able to get him in bed without him waking up, and the rest of the night, we had some one-on-one time with K.C.  He wanted to color, so we did that and made treat bags for his and Kaden's class.

After church Sunday, we went over to Kevin's parents for lunch and to carve our first pumpkin.  The boys were so funny about cleaning out the pumpkin.  They don't really like to get their hands all dirty and sticky (for which I'm thankful!).  

Sunday night, KT and I went to my parents for dinner, more pumpkin carving with my grandparents, and to move some things.  Since I was little, my granddad has gotten a pumpkin for my sister and me each year and we've carved it with him.  The last two years, it's been Bruce Hall, Kevin, and me.  We had fun (and I may have stolen Kevin's diamond nose from our first pumpkin!)!

Do you have any Pumpkin Carving Traditions?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,