30 Days of Thanks {Day 1}


In the spirit of the upcoming holiday season, particularly Thanksgiving, I've decided to do a daily post on the things I'm thankful for.  Some days will be serious, some funny, but each day, I'll post about something I'm thankful for. I'd love for you to join along with me, too! Grab the button at the bottom of this post or from the right side bar and add your link each day (or even week if you want to do it that way).

Day 1 {Grace}

Today, I am thankful for grace.  Lately, I've been thinking so much about grace, God's grace. While I know that God has always blessed me, I feel like I've been particularly abundantly blessed over the last year and a half.

As I've grown and matured and looked back on my life and the decisions I've made, I'm sometimes (ok, really, most of the time) in awe of God's blessings to me in the midst of my mistakes and disobedience.  That's just another way He shows me He loves me.  And it's just another way I see how awesome, mighty, and powerful He is.

His grace has carried me through the darkest times in my life (believe me, there have been some) and through the happiest.  His grace causes me to want to praise Him with my life and the way I live it.  His grace has comforted me when I've needed it.  His grace has given me a hope for the future in more ways than one.

His grace causes me to want to bestow grace on others even when it's the last thing I want to do.  His grace causes me to have empathy and compassion.  The remembrance of His grace towards me causes me to shutter when I think about the ungracious things I sometimes think and say about others.

The experience of His grace makes me realize how totally and completely amazing He is and how totally and completely He loves me.

Yes, Grace, I'm thankful for you today.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.  In love, He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves.  In Him, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.  Ephesians 1:3-8


Make sure to save this image and feel free to use it and the banner above to link to your 30 Days of Thanks posts.  Be sure to link back here, too: http://the-things-im-learning.blogspot.com.

On Twitter, use #30daysthanks

Labels: