Random Wednesday {February 20, 2013}


It's time for one of my favorite link ups of the week: Random Wednesday with Shanna.

It's been a good week!  {Well, except for my husband having the flu.  Did you read my guilt-ridden post about this?}  I've enjoyed relaxing some this week which I haven't done in a long time.

We went to see Safe Haven Sunday.  Have any of you seen it?  While I liked the movie, I really liked the book better.  I just loved the details in the book.  One cool thing, a restaurant KT and I ate in was in the movie!  It's a place called Moore Street Market and it is delicious!  I may have tried to recreate the bacon pimento cheese sandwich my husband had.



I'm pretty excited about the Valentine's gifts I got from my husband and our boys last week.  Kevin and I don't really surprise each other with gifts often and I really enjoyed not knowing what I was getting.  {I think he did, too!}  Since neither of us have the love language of gifts, surprises aren't really a big deal, but I have to admit that it was a nice treat.

Speaking of love languages, have you read The Five Love Languages?  I read this years ago and last week, took the Five Love Languages quiz after seeing it on someone's blog {apologies for not remembering which blog I saw it on}.  Without taking the quiz, I would've told you that my love languages are physical touch and quality time and what do you know, that's exactly what the quiz told me.  Have you and your spouse ever done the quiz or read the book?


I have got to step my game up and decorate for the next holiday.  What I mean by that is I didn't decorate for Valentine's this year and our sweet Kaden didn't like it.  He even asked me last Thursday night after we had eaten our special Valentine's dinner and he and K.C. had opened their gifts if I was going to decorate like I usually do.  I like to do things around holidays to make it special for the boys and I majorly failed with my undecorated Valentine's Day! haha

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I can't wait to show you the gift I made for Kevin!

I've gotten back into my regular workout routine this past week and I feel so much better!  I think my abs needed those few weeks without much work, but my body feels great now that I'm back in the routine.  I've also been eating clean for the most part and that has made a big difference.

Kevin and I went to eat Mexican last night and it was so good.  If you don't already know this, I can eat Mexican like every day and not get tired of it.  My husband on the other hand, is not nearly as crazy about it as I am.  When we first started dating, I didn't know that and would always suggest it, but now that I know, I don't suggest it as often.  He's equally as sweet to me and doesn't make me eat Chinese / Japanese.

What's random on your Wednesday?