I can't believe that I'll be 28 in just two days. In my late, late twenties as my husband likes to tease. 27 has been good to me.
Last year, I made a list of things I wanted to do during my 27th year. I thought I'd look back on those things today.
1. Run a half marathon. Check! I ran a half in September. I was 4th female, 1st in my age group and 19th overall. I finished in 1:38:55.
2. Read through the Bible. I didn't get this done. I started off well, but I didn't finish. I'm doing great following a plan this year though, so I hope I can cross it off at the end of the year.
3. Do the 100 Day Burpee Challenge (I'm on day 12). I didn't finish this one. I started it, but I didn't finish. I got to about 50 days in I think.
4. Go away for a romantic weekend with my husband. We had a few just he and me trips that were fun.
5. Run everyday for one month even if it's only a mile. I ran everyday in April 2013 and May 2013. It was good, but not something I'd want to do regularly.
6. Write down one thing that makes me happy each day. I didn't do this daily, but I did write down some things that make me smile and put them in a jar we opened on New Year's Eve.
7. Take the boys to a Clemson game. We spent a weekend in the mountains and took the boys to see Clemson play the Citadel in November.
8. Start a scrapbook of my races. I didn't start this, but it's something I'd like to do.
9. Finish our 2012 family photo book, the boys books and start on this year's books so I'm caught up and not rushing to finish them at the last minute. I finished the boys' books and our family book for 2012.
10. Tithe. I almost tithed. So far, so good, this year.
11. Adopt a family or child at Christmas. We did a few Operation Christmas boxes.
12. Pay It Forward.
13. Run a sub 44 minute 10K in a race. I did this a few times.
14. Memorize two Bible verses a month. I didn't to this monthly, but I did memorize some verses.
15. Read one book every month. This didn't happen. I didn't read too many novels in 2013.
16. Try a new recipe once a month. I should have paid better attention to this. I didn't record anything, but I more than likely tried a new recipe each month.
17. Make an appointment with a trainer at the gym to revise my gym workout. I didn't do this which reminds me, I should.
18. Spend a whole day just lying on the beach. I did this. Kevin and I spent a day at the beach doing nothing. It was fun!
19. Take a fun anniversary trip with Kevin. We went to Sapelo Island, GA, for a week for our anniversary. It was incredible!
20. Print my blog into a book. I didn't do this and forgot about it.
21. Visit Washington D.C. We didn't go to D.C., but we did go to Birmingham which was somewhere I hadn't been before.
22. Make peach jam with my mom and Nana and put up some fresh butter beans and corn. (Can you tell I'm from the South?) Nope. I want to this summer though.
23. Make our wedding video into an actual video. I didn't do this either. I'll do it by our second anniversary.
24. Go to a Braves game with KT. We didn't make it to Atlanta for a game, but we saw a few baseball games.
25. Reorganize our upstairs office/workout room. This is on my list for this coming year. I really want to get it fixed.
26. Eat cleaner. I ate much cleaner at 27 than I did at 26. I cut out any fast food other than Chickfila (if that counts as fast food) and cut out all carbonated drinks. I'll occasionally have a Coke or Dr. Pepper, but it's very rare. I also don't drink sweet tea unless it's from Chickfila, our favorite place in town or we're eating dinner with someone and that's what they have.
27. Spend a long weekend somewhere Kevin and I haven't ever been before. We went to Sapelo which was new to both of us.
Labels: year in review