January 2016 in Review

January was a good month as far as goals are concerned. Here's a look at my January goals:

1. Read one book.
I read two books in January! Both totally different, but both very good.



What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is a memoir by Haruki Murakami. If you're not a runner, you probably won't appreciate the book, but I enjoyed it. It's a relatively quick read and I found it interesting to read about his training and his thought process.



I also read Last One Home by Debbie Macomber. This is the first Macomber book I've read and I loved it! I can't wait to read more of her books.

2. Clean out the cabinets in our laundry room.
I am so happy to report that this is done! Not only did I clean out the cabinets, I totally reorganized the laundry room and filled a box to take to Goodwill.



3. Organize our closet. 
My husband deserves all the credit for the completion of this goal. If he hadn't started going through dress shirts (and finding nearly 50 to donate), I don't think this would've gotten started by me. I still have way too many clothes and shoes, but having a more organized and cleaner closet is great!

(My husband has a few hats!)

4. Cross train.
Have you ever heard of the Tone It Up Girls? If not, you're missing out! I follow them on Instagram and decided to try one of their YouTube videos. Their workouts are easy to do at home and work! My favorite is this Bikini Yoga Flow video. I'm surprised at how inflexible I am. In February, I'm trying to do yoga twice a week.

5. Read my Bible and pray daily.
I did this. I don't know why I always list this as a goal because it's something I do anyway, but it's a nice reminder to check up on my spiritual life.

6. Start saving for Christmas. 

7. Try a new recipe each week
I tried a ton of new recipes in January. My favorites all came from Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook.

via

Labels: