Friday's Letters and Confessions {February 22, 2013}


Photobucket

dear husband: I'm glad you're finally feeling more like yourself.  It's no fun when you have the flu.  I don't like seeing you sick.  I love you! dear sweet boys: Can I tell you just how much Anna Belle likes to snuggle with you?  While I'm striving to teach you things, you're teaching me more than I ever dreamed possible. I love you to the moon and back sweet boys! dear stephanie: Proud is not an adequate word to describe how I feel about you.  I love you and I'm so glad you're my sister.  dear week: You have flown by.  Thank you!  dear blogger bffs: You are the best.  I'm really, truly humbled that you come back to read again and again.  dear spring: Bring it on!  dear God: Thank you for loving me, for your grace, mercy and guidance.



Confession: I could eat my weight in frozen yogurt.  Really, I could.  I once spent $14 on frozen yogurt for myself.  I really think I'm a fat girl in a skinny girl's body.  I'm also wondering when my husband is planning to cash in his February date because it may or may not have included a gift card to Sweet Frog.  {Oh, about those dates, I gave him lots of dates for Valentine's Day and I'll be sharing those on Tuesday.}



Confession: I don't like to pay for manicures for several reasons.  (1) We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old.  That equates to lots of playing and bathing.  (2) Washing dishes {yes, I'm the one who makes sure my plates are spotless before they go in the dishwasher - yes, Mama, it's true!} makes the polish come off faster than I want it to.  (3) I bite my nails when I'm nervous / bored / worried.  Instead of {rarely} paying for them, I use OPI's base coat, some nude/light pink OPI polish, and OPI's Top Coat at home.  I don't think they look too bad.  While we're on nails, I don't like nail designs either.  Just a personal preference.  When I was 3, yes, but as a professional woman, no.

Confession: I felt like a real grown up last Saturday when at the grocery store, I not only purchased a real ham {of the cook several hours category}, I also had the butcher cut it for me.  I was also surprised when I discovered that chicken that isn't boneless and skinless is like dirt cheap.

Confession: Did you read about The Time I Thought My Husband Was Faking It?  I confess that I feel really bad about this.

Confession: My sister got into Clemson this week.  While I'm extremely proud of her, I also am thinking selfishly of the fun we can have if she does go there.  Excuses to go to the Upstate for long weekends {and maybe hit up the Lazy Goat}, closer proximity to cool places like Asheville {and Biltmore} and some other selfish things.  In reality, I want her to go where she feels like she needs to go and I'm bursting at the seams with excitement and pride for her accomplishments.



Confession: I have major nursery fever thanks to Pinterest.  I may have even created a board for my future babes.  I should clarify that I don't have baby fever, just baby nursery fever, so husband, if you're reading, please don't freak out, and grandparents, don't get excited.  This girl can't wait to have some more babies to love, but give me a few years please.

And in case you missed them, posts from this week:
Guilty Conscience {The One Time I Thought My Husband Was Faking It}
Some Pretty Words for a Dreary Day
I'm the Kinda Girl
Random Wednesday
Striving for Perfection

Labels: ,