27 was a good year for me. Right before I turned 27 last year, I wrote a post about the 26 best things about my 26th year. I've enjoyed going back and reading it and thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and think about 27 happy things from my 27th year.
1. We celebrated our first anniversary.
2. We celebrated many birthdays. Kaden turned 4, K.C. turned 6 and Kevin turned 36.
3. I ran my first half marathon.
4. We went to the beach
for a week
with my family.
5. We spent a long weekend in Georgetown
with Kevin's parents.
8. We took the boys to the mountains
and a Clemson game.
9. I ran thirteen races.
10. We were able to experience snow
12. We watched my little sister graduate from high school.
13. God answered many prayers - a new job for my husband and my MIL successfully completed treatments for breast cancer.
14. Fun Fridays with my boys all summer.
15. We had a fun Halloween
trick-or-treating with family and going to the fall festival at church.
16. Kevin's softball seasons were exciting. He won three championships.
17. I played (we'll let that be broad) softball with our church's co-ed team.
18. We spent lots of time swimming at our cousins' all summer.
19. We did a few projects at home: painted our dining room
, kitchen, half bath and master bedroom and bathroom, added built ins to our den, worked on the boys' bathroom and redid our master bedroom.
20. The boys played baseball and two seasons of soccer. They are so cute and so much fun to watch!
24. Kevin and I spent a whole day on the beach with no plans!
25. The boys did awesome in their swimming lessons!
26. We watched lots of Clemson games with our family and were excited when they won the Orange Bowl! Some of us may have fallen asleep during games, too!
27. We spent a long weekend in Birmingham
full of some of my favorite things: a race, shopping, ice skating, the Cheesecake Factory, a wedding and lots of love!
Twenty-seven has been good to me! I'm looking forward to what this coming year has in store!
Labels: 27 in review, birthday, year in review